The continual push for funding and accountability to be distributed to the lowest possible level has seen many changes to national and local structures and practices. Coupled with the drive for further efficiency the roles of the Department for Education, Non Departmental Government Bodies (NDPBs) and Local Authorities have changed introducing the requirement to be become strategic service commissioners rather than focus on the historical provider role of the past.
Serco is ideally placed to work alongside commissioning bodies in meeting their challenges using our blend of change management, business transformation and sector skills. These skills are helping our clients to deliver their goals from a departmental level right through to school clusters. Our extensive portfolio includes: -
- The Department for Education (DfE) where Impact, a new partnership between Serco and Short Breaks Network, is providing advice and support on short breaks for disabled children to all 152 local authorities with children's responsibilities in England. For further information visit www.impactsb.co.uk
- Working with Local Authorities to develop an approach to commissioning and market shaping across the Children's Services Agenda
- The National College for Leadership of Schools and Children's Services where we have been delivering programmes for over ten years
- Welsh Assembly Government Leadership development programmes
- Local Authorities (LA) and Clusters - We help a number of Authorities with their leadership development programmes and support education leaders through executive coaching. Our work with LAs also includes direct support for Directors of Children's Services, conducting full service review and capacity building processes in areas as diverse as 14-19, SEN review and formula funding.