We work in close partnership with two Local Authorities - Bradford and Walsall - where together we are helping to transform educational achievement. In Walsall the initial contract began in 2001 and covered school improvement work. Following another Ofsted inspection, Walsall was required to outsource its remaining education functions in December 2002 and has since voluntarily included a range of children's services including Sure Start, Children's Centres and similar services.
Ofsted rated Education Walsall as the most improved LEA in the country ever and this year Education Bradford is in the top 10 for improvement at Key Stage 4 and Walsall in the top 10 for improvement at Key Stage 2. Both partnerships are reliant on developing close and effective relationships with the Council, schools and their governing bodies, teachers, learners and their communities. Alongside these two major partnerships we work with a number of Local Authorities in the delivery of Children's services. In summary we:
- Are responsible for the full range of services to some 350 schools
- Provide education for well over 100,000 pupils
- Manage annual schools' revenue in excess of £350 million
- Employ over 1200 staff in two Local Authorities
- Manage the full range of children's services in two Local Authorities
- Provide advice, guidance, consultancy and project management in several additional local authorities.
- Provide leadership advice and support to over 1000 schools and eight Local Education Authorities (LEAs) in the UK
Our proven track record of working effectively with a broad range of stakeholders and partners, our access to best practice across the country, our expertise and experience, our demonstrable success - all combine to confirm our position as one of the leading providers in education and Children's services.